Dear Therapist Colleague,
If you are like most therapists, you spent hours in graduate school – and then later in conferences – to learn how to best serve your clients. You’ve learned and tested theories and interventions and gone over the results with peers and supervisors. You are always on the lookout for ways to help your clients get better. But most clinicians are still trying to figure out the business-side of private practice. And that is a lonely place to be because we don’t often talk about the business aspect of our work.
There are two critical components to therapy business success: Client Care and Business Care.
The reason you’ve spent so much time studying therapy is so that you can do excellent clinical work with good outcomes. I call this Client Care and most therapists are great at this.
If you want your therapy business to make it over the long haul – when 80% of new small businesses are failing – good Client Care is not enough. You need provide nourishment for your business. And this means doing activities and making decisions for our business that are in the best interest of the business.
In order to have a financially viable business, you must take actions and make decisions that best serve your business mission.
Hi, my name is Casey Truffo, author of How to Build Your Full and Rewarding Private Practice and Be a Wealthy Therapist: Finally You Can Make a Living While Making a Difference. For over 15 years I have been advocating, supporting and mentoring Therapy Business Owners. My goal is to help therapists to increase their impact and income. Through my books, online trainings and conferences and I have had the pleasure of helping over 75,000 therapists worldwide to do just that.
Over the past few years, I have noticed a more sophisticated therapy business owner emerging. Today’s therapy business owner recognizes that running a successful business means more than great client care. More questions are coming up that revolve around how to run a therapy practice in ways that are smart, easy, and profitable.
Change is coming fast and furious: the economy, changing technology and ObamaCare. So how do you know what to do to bring your business to the next level?
For the past several years I have been teaching this online or locally near my home base in Orange County, California. However I am tickled pink to say that I will be in ‘on the road’ summer – in Denver Colarado, Chicago Illinois and Temecula CA – for intimate, one-day live events where we will talk about what you can do to make running your therapy business easier, happier and financially sustainable.
I hope you will join me for:
Your Therapy Business Breakthrough:
Practical Tips and Mindset Shifts
Live Event with Casey Truffo
Denver area: July 25, 2014
Temecula, CA: August 2, 2014
Chicago area: August 8, 2014
This day is to get you thinking and making decisions like a very successful therapy business owner. I want to help you find ways to make what you already do easier and more profitable. We will cover:
- How to have More Money at the end of your month: When we start our businesses, it is often about making enough to pay the bills. But I want to make sure you have much more than that. I will give you practical tools to find income that you may be accidentally leaving on the table. I will also show you how to look at your expenses and see where you might save more immediately.
- Running a For-Profit Therapy Business (what works and what is a waste of time) Most therapists didn’t learn Business Money and Management 101 in graduate school. And whether you are a solo-practitioner or have a center of therapists, you need to make sure that at the end of the day, you bring home profit – to feed your family and enjoy your life. We will teach how to know your profit each month – and help you set income and profit goals for your business. I always say, “manage your money – manage your destiny.”
- When to add additional ways of increasing your income so that you can move beyond B.I.C. (butt in chair) hours. At some point, most successful clinicians come to the realization that they will hit a max on the number of people they can help (and the amount of money they can make) by only seeing one-to-one clients in the office. Let’s hear how some are successfully adding $1,000 to a staggering $30,000 of additional income per month – with seeing the same number or even less clients than before.
- How and what technology can really serve to make managing your business easier than ever before. Our clients are more tech-savvy than ever and will be asking you for additional tools and ways of communicating. Are you ready? Let me share what I have been doing in my new counseling center that attracts great clients and makes managing my center easier than ever!
- The Inner Game of Therapy Business Success – this is my personal favorite. With my individual coaching clients, I have noticed that the biggest shift and growth in their income comes when they are able to remove some of their limiting beliefs. Let me share some of the most common ones, so that you can save time and possibly get unstuck but most of all, get a head start on your Therapy Business Breakthrough.
Plus there will be an opportunity for hands-on coaching – right there at the event! I will be there live along with some of my Elite Be a Wealthy Therapist Associate Coaches – all there to serve you! Let us help you move past your stuck spots and get your Therapy Business Breakthrough!
Is “Your Therapy Business Breakthrough” event for you?
I am quite clear this event is not for everyone. One size doesn’t fit all in pantyhose nor in events. So take a look below and see if this is the right place for you to quickly gather cutting-edge ideas and techniques to help accelerate your business growth. Our ‘Therapy Business Breakthrough’ live event is for you if:
- You are a seasoned business owner who is looking for ways to make your business more profitable and easier to manage and run.
- You are newer to private practice and you want to save yourself a huge learning curve – and are interested in understanding what really makes success private practice businesses.
- You are a little bored or burned out in your practice and are looking for new ideas to rejuvenate your entrepreneurial spirit
This event is not for you if:
- You are looking for get-rich-quick schemes. (Running a business takes effort and care.)
- You want someone else to run your business. (I like to say, “There is no garden without the gardener.”)
- You don’t want to be an entrepreneur and be both your own boss as well as your own marketing department. (’nuff said)
What will you walk away from this event with?
If you have ever attended one of my events, you know I am big on content, coaching, and community. At this event, you will walk away not only with some new ideas and ‘next action steps’ that you can implement immediately, but you will have the opportunity to connect with one of my coaches, work through those old thinking problems that can keep us from the success and prosperity you deserve. Plus, you will meet other success-minded colleagues to expand your network and reduce the loneliness of private practice. My entire goal of this event is to get you more aware of what is working now to help you improve your level of Business Care. You already know have great Client Care and you know how to improve your Self Care. But great Business Care is essential and often overlooked.
Tony Robbins once said, “Business is for Gladiators.” I agree. And therapists can be amazing gladiators – fighting on behalf of their clients and their clients’ well-being. Now I am inviting you to take up the baton and use that same gladiator spirit and fight for your business. But let’s make it easier and tune into the wisdom of others who are successful right now! I am so excited to bring this information to you – in three cities around the US.
The agenda: while the times may vary a little, this is our plan:
- 8:00-8:45a – Registration
- 9:00a – Start
- 12:00-1:15p – Lunch on your own
- 1:15-4:00p – End of Day
Tuition: $177 if your purchase here online, $247 at the door if seats are left. (All my events in recent years have sold out weeks before the event so I recommend you register early.)
“I only wish I had heard about Casey years ago! I would have started out doing it right instead of the hard way!”
Zora Kolkey, LMFT
“I just tell everyone to do what Casey says!!”
Christine Korol, Ph.D
“Casey Truffo is my hero. I followed the talk outline, the script for if people asked if I take insurance, came off insurance panels, and followed ALL of her advice, even some that I thought would never work (it always did). I always joke that I every dollar that I’ve made has been because of Casey….but, it’s probably no joke!”
Cheri Flake, LCSW
Questions? We love them! Please just email Bob at Bob@TherapistLeadershipInstitute.com or call us at 949.309.2590 ext 0.
I cannot wait to see you there!
Love and blessings,
PS. One thing is for sure. Change is constant. Are you prepared? If you want to save yourself a lot of time and effort – and want to find out how you can maintain a successful, innovative, profitable businesses, then please join us for this one-of-a-kind event!!
PPS. Will you join us? Reserve your seat now. This is an intimate setting and I can tell you that in the past, my events have always sold out.
Your Therapy Business Breakthrough 2014
AUGUST 2: Temecula, CA
Temecula Creek Inn
44501 Rainbow Canyon Road, Temecula, CA 92592
AUGUST 8: Chicago
Sheraton Chicago Northbrook
1110 Willow Road, Northbrook, IL 60062
Tuition: $177 if your purchase here online, $247 at the door if there are seats left.
(Please note that once you purchase a ticket, we are preparing for you at the event. In the unlikely event that you are unable to attend, you can apply your admission tuition toward another Be A Wealthy Therapist product or service that you wish to purchase sometime in the next 12 months.)