How to Attract Clients Without Breaking the Bank
Who else wants low cost or no cost marketing strategies?
Discover how you can get your phone ringing with more ideal clients – in as little as 5 hours a week – with the skills you already have.
When you studied therapy, you no-doubt studied literally dozens of different types of therapy and therapeutic interventions. Some you probably don’t recall today; some didn’t feel like they were a match for you. But some of those theories and interventions became part of you … and part of your daily interventions to help your clients reach their goals.
What if marketing were the same way? What if you were able to become acquainted with nearly three dozen marketing strategies and then could pick the ones that worked best with your personality…that fit right into your therapy business toolkit?
And here is the best part: what if most of them cost less than $100.
I Found 32 Low Cost and No-Cost Marketing Strategies for your Therapy Business.
When I started my practice, I had more time on my hands than money in my bank account. And while I had great desire and energy to have a private practice, I knew nothing about marketing.
So I asked my colleagues what worked for them to fill their practice.
But there were a lot of problems with that:
1. Most people had been in practice a lot longer than I and had almost full caseloads. They didn’t need as many clients as I did. If the clients trickled in for them, they didn’t mind.
2. They didn’t really track where their referrals came from so their advice was anecdotal at best.
3. They relied on ‘word of mouth.’ The problem with that is how do you increase inquiries or intake calls with ‘word of mouth’ referrals?
4. They suggested to me things that worked YEARS ago but did not work now. (I am embarrassed to admit I paid thousands for church bulletin ads that maybe netted me a total of 3 clients. If I only knew then what I know now…)
I was also prey to people marketing gimmicks such as ‘billboard marketing in gyms’ (Results after one year: ZERO clients)
Maybe you’ve tried expensive marketing or what ‘others’ say is working – expensive websites, Facebook ads, print ads, or even buying space to write articles – with limited results. You are not alone.
Daily I get emails from people telling me sad stories of investing thousands of dollars in marketing activities that do not work. Some days it breaks my heart and other days it just makes me mad!
So last week I sat down and made a list of all the ways you can attract clients to your local therapy business.
And I came up with 32 ways that cost under $100. Many are free.
There is a better way. You do not have to spend a lot of money to get your phone ringing.
Therapy business owners who do not have a full practice will need to market their practice for the rest of their career. This is true whether you take insurance or are fee-for-service only.
The good news is that there are more than enough clients out there who know they need help and want therapy. You just need them to find YOU!
If you are serious about attracting clients, and have time in your week available for marketing, then you simply need to see what options are open to you and choose ones that will fit with your personality and in your area.
Continue reading to learn about our newest training program – 32 Low-cost and No-cost Marketing Activities for Your Therapy Business.
Let me show you how to fill your practice with 32 Low Cost and No Cost Marketing Strategies
This program is like an all-you-can-eat buffet. My team and I will lay out many strategies – everything from online strategies to networking for shy people to how to make friends with doctors and clergy. We will discuss how to get the ear of reporters and how to find low-cost or free sites to market your practice in your area.
Spend some time reviewing the items on our ‘low-cost marketing buffet’ – and then you can choose the items that most appeal to you, ignoring the ones that don’t.
The fact that we have so many to choose from will make even the most discriminating palette find something tasty!
Let’s look at just a few of the topics will be covered:
The Five Ingredients to a Happy, Healthy and Wealthy Practice
- How to know what your ideal clients want and where to find them
- How to create a marketing plan that actually works
- How to be more productive with your time and energy
- How to track your results so you know more of what to do and what not to do
- How to find that ‘confident feeling’ so that you attract the clients you want and do your best work
How to Activate Word of Mouth
How to Become the #1 Referral Source for Schools, Doctor’s Offices, and Places of Worship
How to Build Credibility with Public Presentations – easier than you EVER thought possible
- How to create attractive talk titles
- How to find groups or organizations to bring you in as a speaker
- Who to contact at the organization – and a two-pronged approach to connect with him or her.
- My magic formula for ‘facilitating a group discussion’ rather than giving a lecture
- A sample letter you can model to send to program directors inviting them to have you speak
- How to turn audience members into clients!
But there is a lot more….such as
- Why Not Let Google help you – FREE! (Lean into power of Google local)
- How to Become a PR guru – the “expert source” for local reporters
- How to Write Compelling Listings for Online therapist directories (the rules have changed)
- Finding MORE Online Directories in Your Local Area
- How to Network with Confidence – even if you are painfully shy – and have people asking if you are taking referrals!
- How to find ‘Practice Angels’ – people who want to help fill your practice
- Websites: What you need to know to create websites that invite people to call you
- How to Apply for a Local Business Award
- What about Online Review Sites? And Social Media (what works and what is a waste of time)
- How to create an intake call process (script) that converts calls to clients better than you ever did before.
- To blog or not to blog: does it really help you get clients?
- What about inexpensive brochures or rack cards? Good idea or not?
- How to get into the ‘inner circle’ of experts in your target market – so you build instant credibility.
- How to Develop a Rolodex of People who Want to Refer to You
- Explore More Community ideas – eg: MeetUps
- Add Even More!
Okay! Let’s find the low-cost and no-cost marketing strategies
that feel good to you and that work.
Please join me for:
5 Classes – Starting Monday, June 1, 2015 at 1pm Pacific / 4pm Eastern
Here is how the program works:
- 5 live conference calls where I will share 32 Low-Cost or No-Cost Marketing Ideas so that you can choose the ones that fit best with your personality and your practice. (Recordings will be provided so you can listen again and again). The last call will be total Q&A – so that you can pick my brain and get the answers to the questions you have. (Calls will be help Mondays at 1pm pacific/4pm eastern starting June 1, 2015. Can’t make it live? No worries – RECORDINGS PROVIDED)
- Checklists with the 32 Marketing Strategies and ‘next steps’ for each. This makes the ‘what to do today’ action steps much easier.
- My Intake call script video to help you feel more confident when answering the phone – so that you help that caller see they need to be in your office.
- Video: How to stop accidentally leaving money on the table
- Sample letters to request speaking engagements – what to say when reaching out to program directors
What is the tuition?
Whenever you invest in a program it is important to consider your return on investment. So let’s take a look at that upfront.
My goal with this program is three-fold:
(1) to help you save time and money by teaching you what does not work. (I could have saved thousands of dollars and weeks of my time had I known this information when I started.)
(2) to acquaint you with a buffet of marketing activities that are free or inexpensive – things you can do now – without spending a lot of money – that will help get your phone ringing
(3) to share with you with ‘best practices’ of things to do once your phone rings – to help turn more prospective clients into a PAYING clients.
If you implement a handful of things you learn in this training, you will get your investment back several times over. That said, I wanted to make the investment for this program a no-brainer, so here you go:
The tuition is $297 or three payments of $99.
Option 2: 3 monthly payments of $99
Who should consider this program?
Private Practitioners who…
- Aren’t sure what marketing to do so find themselves confused and taking less action that they want
- Don’t have a large marketing budget
- Have more time than money right now
- Are looking to increase their credibility in their communities
- Want to know about where to put their time and effort online (how to not waste time online)
- Are looking for ways to increase their ‘marketing confidence’
Do you offer a guarantee or CEUs?
There is no money-back guarantee or refunds offered for this program. I have outlined the topics and content I plan to deliver and feel confident that this program will meet your expectations. If you have questions or are wondering if this is the right program for you, then please give us a call at 949.309.2590 ext 0 or send us an email at Support[at]InTLI[dot]com – and please replace the [at] with @ and [dot] with, well, a dot) – and we can look at your options. Sorry, we are unable to offer CEUs for this program.
What is your refund policy?
We certainly want you to be happy with the program. If you are unhappy at the end of class 1 (by June 2, 2015) please call us at 949.309.2590 and let us know. We will transfer your tuition to another program that may better fit your needs.
We do not offer refunds. The reason is simple. Our mission to help you stay accountable to your goals. We want to help you do that. If you have any questions, please call us at 949.309.2590 or email us at support @ therapistleadershipinsitite (dot) com. We want to help you.
What if my practice is insurance based. Do I still need this training?
Being on an insurance panel does not guarantee that you will get clients – or enough clients. After all – how many therapists are on those panels? Most clinicians need to build visibility and credibility in order to stand out from all the other practitioners on the same panels. This training will share with you many ways to do that inexpensively.
Is it really that simple?
Yes. I will happily share what I know works to attract clients – and to share the best ones with the lowest costs (and as I have said many are no cost al all). As with all things though, it is up to you to choose what you will do, then do it, tracking your results and repeating what works. It is up to you to take what feels ‘most right’ for you and implement is consistently.
Building a consistent caseload is really not rocket science. It is about gather information and then implementing it. And everything you implement is a ‘beta test.’ You try it consistently and over time gather data about what works best for you – just like you did with your therapeutic interventions.
If not now, when?
If it is time for you to stop listening to those well-meaning advisors who tell you it cannot be done…or to let any old fears stop you, then please join us for this new training.
I can’t wait to share this with you. As always, I am holding the vision for you.
To your success,
P.S. If you have read this far, it means you are a forward thinking clinician who “gets it.” And I don’t want you to miss out. Here is a reminder of what you get with this program:
* 5 live conference calls where I will share 32 Low-Cost or No-Cost Marketing Ideas so that you can choose the ones that fit best with your personality and your practice. (Recordings will be provided so you can listen again and again). The last call will be total Q&A – so that you can pick my brain and get the answers to the questions you have.
* Checklists with the 32 Low Cost or No Cost Marketing Strategies and ‘next steps’ for each. This makes the ‘what to do today’ action steps much easier.
* My Intake call script video to help you feel more confident when answering the phone – so that you help that caller see they need to be in your office.
* Success Tips to help you stay focused and avoid the ‘shiny’ syndrome
* Video: How to stop accidentally leaving money on the table
* Sample letters to request speaking engagements – what to say when reaching out to program directors
Will you join us?