June 22, 2015 – July 3, 2015
PBC 2015 – Keynote: The Future of Private Practice
The economic, social and technologic trends that make NOW the perfect time for you to build your business.
Marketing Track: Let’s take the mystery out of practice building
Monday, June 22, 2015 at 8am Pacific/11am Eastern
“But how do I get more clients?’
- Get an overview of proven online and community marketing activities designed to get clients to you
- Take an informed look at the newer (“shiner”) ways to market and learn how to assess whether or not they might get you the results you want. (EG: Yelp, Facebook) (Note: Some have promise and others are a HUGE waste of time and money)
- Learn 3 steps increase your marketing confidence
Friday, June 26, 2015 at 8 am Pacific/11 am Eastern
How to move from an insurance practice to a fee-for-service practice
- In this session, we will look at the benefits and liabilities of a ‘hybrid practice’ and help you assess the pros and cons of continuing with all insurance, part cash and part insurance or all fee-for-service. There is no perfect answer for everyone and we will help you with a checklist to consider, realistic expectations and – if you want – a process to help you move toward a cash-practice.
Monday, June 29, 2015 at 8am Pacific/11am Eastern
How to get people in the community to refer to you
- Community leaders and other professionals want a good therapist to refer to – but how do you get them to do that without seeming sales-y?
- Learn how to use your unique gifts as a therapist to build relationships with other allied professionals (even if you are really shy)
- Explore a system to keep in touch with potential referral sources so you know who to connect with each week
Friday, July 3, 2015 at 8am Pacific/11am Eastern
The Client-Engaging Intake Call Script – How to convert callers into clients
- How to take a leadership role from the beginning – giving your clients confidence in you
- How to handle the questions, “What do you charge?” or “Do you take insurance?” with ease and confidence
- How to make sure (BEFORE the call) that you are clear on your fees and availability so that you are calm, collected and making good business decisions.
Productivity Track: Let’s make managing your practice lighter and easier.
Monday, June 22, 2015 at 12pm Pacific/3pm Eastern
Time and Energy Management for Therapists
- Time is a non-renewal resource. How will you make the most of it so that you have a solid business and time for dun and family?
- You are not a victim of your schedule – tips to make you excited when you look at your calendar each day
- Learn how to balance ‘short term revenue’ (seeing current clients) with ‘long term revenue’ (creating future revenue. Do not make the mistake of focusing too much on one or the other.
Friday, June 26, 2015 at 12pm Pacific/3pm Eastern
Software and Productivity Tools: Is there an app for that?
- In this session we will look at 5 types of tools that can make your practice smoother and easier: online calendars, note-taking ideas, practice management systems, email help, and online informed consent paperwork.
Monday, June 29, 2015 at 12pm Pacific/3pm Eastern
Are You Accidentally Leaving Money on the Table?
- Many therapists lose about $2,000 each year due to a lack of systems and procedures in their practice. In this session, we will take a simple look at 3 areas where you may be leaking money. Let’s plug those leaks!
Friday, July 3, 2015 at 12pm Pacific/3pm Eastern
How to Handle those Pesky, Old, Limiting Beliefs
- I know you have done your personal growth work – and yet you may still have some outdated beliefs or judgments that are causing you to limit or restrict your financial freedom and business success. In this session we will take a look at the 3 most common limiting beliefs and share a 32-day process to reduce or eliminate them.
CEO Skills Track: Let’s learning what it takes to have (and leverage) a financially sustainable business … without burning out.
Monday, June 22, 2015 at 3pm Pacific/6pm Eastern
Policies and Procedures for the Therapy Business Owner
- As a therapy business owner, you want to make things easy and to have each client have a consistent experience in your practice. By creating your policies and procedures once, you will save time, save money and create a better environment for your clients. Anything you do more than once can be made into a system – and once you document it, you don’t ever have to keep it in your head. Plus when you hire new people, they can easily learn how you want things done.
Friday, June 26, 2015 at 3pm Pacific/6pm Eastern
Profit and Money Management for the Therapy Business Owner
- In the beginning, it is all about breaking even – then it is about having enough to pay for our living expenses. But the goal of a business is to provide a great wage and a legacy for the business owner. Profit is your reward for being a business owner. Learn how to know your numbers and set yourself for profit – starting today1
Monday, June 29, 2015 at 3pm Pacific/6pm Eastern
Leverage Your Business (Beyond Butt-In-Chair Hours)
- For some time now, I have been encouraging therapists to create multiple streams of therapy income. Without additional revenue streams, we will reach a cap on our income and our reach. In fact, we just have a ‘job we own’ without great benefits. But the truth is that many ideas for creating additional income are not good business decisions and can waste time and money. In the talk I will discuss the BEST way to increase your income as a therapist.
Friday, July 3, 2015 at 3pm Pacific/6pm Eastern
How Great CEOs Make Sound Business Decisions
- So you are invited to do a speaking engagement at a local hospital. Is it a good business decision to do so? What if you haven’t been enforcing your cancellation policy and are now tired of people cancelling – should you start enforcing it today? Or maybe you are really tired – but you need more clients – what should you do? Each day CEOs around the world are confronted with decisions like these. What can reduce stress is to have a process – a lens – through which to evaluate each decision. I call this the ‘business-client-clinician’ triangle and will share how you can use it to make life easier – and so that you can trust that the decisions you are making are the best for you.
Love and Blessings,
p.s. Remember, all you need to do is complete your free registration below: