This week I am preparing for 4 upcoming speaking engagements and when I do, I go back to the basics. Here are some of my favorite tips:
- Remember to speak conversationally. Make it easy for them to follow and understand you. Keep the jargon and technical terms to a minimum.
- Remember, speaking is about connecting. Smile. Use stories. Build rapport and engagement.
- You won’t be able to make everyone happy. Talk to the ones who smile and you will feel more at ease.
- Consider offering a “tips sheet” handout that you give away and your audience can keep. Make sure this has your name, and contact information on it.
- Make sure you have a way to ‘continue the conversation’ with the audience. You don’t want them to forget about you.
- Be confident. Clients are attracted to therapists who are confident and communicate confidently.
These tips can make you more attractive to potential clients and result in a big difference in the outcomes of your speaking engagements.
Our class starts today! Why not join us?
For more details and join the class click here!