Thank you for your interest in the website videos that are dedicated to using speaking as an excellent way to attract clients! We are so glad you are here. And, as promised, here are your videos.
People always ask me how many clients can they expect to get from speaking.
ANSWER: Press Play. Enjoy!
Speaking in the Community: How it can be easier and more profitable than all your other marketing.
Dear Therapist Colleague:
Attracting new clients is a challenge today. No question about it. The Internet is crowded with therapists competing for clients. This flight to the internet has opened up a huge opportunity for you to get clients the way we used to – before the internet – by becoming better known in your community.
Speaking is the most cost-effective way to attract new clients.
In your community, there are many organizations that are looking for speakers. By offering an easy, low-stress presentation, you have the opportunity to market to a roomful of prospects – all who have the problem that you are addressing in your presentation. How is that for an effective use of your time?
But maybe you’ve tried speaking with no results before.
If you don’t know how to get a speaking engagement, it can seem overwhelming. What will you talk about? How much to prepare? These questions will stop many therapists in their tracks. I have found that most private practitioners work too hard and prepare too much for a community presentation. Plus they leave the event wondering if they will ever get an inquiry call from anyone in the audience.
There is an easier way. You do not need to work so hard.
Continue reading to learn about our newest training program – How To Fill Your Appointment Book With Speaking. The steps are simple and I would love to go in-depth with you to show you exactly how to do them.
Move from Frustrated, Confused, or Nervous to a Confident, Organized, and Easy Presenter.
Speaking can be fun (and profitable!). Are you rolling your eyes at that? Well, it can be easy and fun when:
- you have a formula that you can employ for almost any event
- you prepare less content and have more interaction with your audience
- you reframe speaking as ‘connecting with people who need you’ and
- you have a way to manage the inevitable nerves in a way that endears you to the audience
- you have an easy-to-follow system for converting a percentage of those audience members into paying clients.
Let me show you how with our How To Fill Your Appointment Book With Speaking training program.
This program will show you how to get the most (fun and referrals) from this effective marketing activity. Speaking is one of the main ways I used to build my practice – and it works today too.
Why Are Speaking Engagements A Great Way To Build Your Practice and Your Income?
Speaking helps people get a sense of what it would be like to be in your office – spending time with you. We know that “attunement” is the best predictor of positive therapy outcomes. Imagine if you could give a roomful of people that sense of attunement during a community presentation? Imagine what that could do to build your practice.
Speaking uses the interpersonal skills you use every day. When you structure your talks in a way that allows for a lot of interaction, people get invigorated. This can be easy when you don’t try to be a ‘presenter’ but just be yourself – as you are in session.
Speaking allows you to connect face-to face. Our culture is longing for connection. Community presentations give people a chance to get out of their homes, meet with one another and with you.
Speaking builds your credibility in your community. One of my objectives when presenting is to be perceived as the ‘approachable expert.’ You can do this with a ’signature talk’ and your natural curiosity and compassion to connect with the audience.
Speaking can be a very efficient use of your marketing time. Addressing a roomful of people who have the problem you help is a great way to maximize your marketing time.
Speaking connects you with potential referral sources. Give a presentation and build not only your prospect list but audience members (and the organizers) will remember you and consider you for referrals.
Let’s Turn Audience Members into Clients with the “How To Fill Your Appointment Book With Speaking” program.
This program will consist of 16 short, bite-sized videos (3-9 minutes) designed to give you specific instructions on each step in the process from getting the speaking engagement to attracting the client into your office. We will also have a Q&A training call. On this call, I will answer questions about all-things- speaking and how you can use this to build your practice! We can really dig into the issues facing you and clarify anything that might not be completely clear.
You know how sometimes we learn new things but then procrastinate on the implementation? Well, I want you to take what you learn in this class and get implementing so that you are out there speaking with ease and turning audience members into clients.
Over the course of a few days and in just a few hours, you will draft your inquiries to program directors, create your talk title, design your talk, and practice the process to turn audience members into clients! How cool is that?
Let’s look at what will be covered:
— #1 —
Mindset Shifts about Speaking as a Marketing Tool
- How to move through the natural procrastination around speaking
- How often to plan to speak to make this a successful marketing activity
- The ‘reframe the talk as a group discussion’ mindset shift
- How to identify a target market who’d most like to hear you
— #2 —
Get (schedule) the speaking engagement
- The pros and cons of doing the talk on your own or to find a group and offer to present to them.
- How to get a venue and advertise your own talk
- How to best handle the registration process if you hold your own event
- How to find groups or organizations to bring you in as a speaker
- Who to contact at the organization – and a two-pronged approach to connect with him or her.
- How to reach out if the program director doesn’t respond quickly to your inquiry
- A sample letter you can model to send to program directors inviting them to have you speak
- Questions to ask the sponsor of an event so you know your audience and what to expect
— #3 —
Preparation (lighter and easier than ever before)
- How to create attractive talk titles
- How to modify your talks for varying lengths of presentation
- How to reduce your preparation time
- How much content you really need (It is usually much less than you might think.)
- How to quickly and easily create a handout
- How to create a feedback form that has the audience asking to connect further with you
- Your “follow up” plan for after the event. (This is the key to get clients from the presentation.)
— #4 —
Simple and Very Attractive Presentation Delivery
- My magic formula for ‘facilitating a group discussion’ rather than giving a lecture
- How to use your nerves to endear you to the audience and get them on your side early
- How to connect with the audience as they arrive so that when you start, you already have a connection
- A surprisingly simple technique that will have the organizers loving you
- How to use ‘powerful questions’ (a technique I learned from Dianne Legro) that will have your audience saying “wow.”
- How to construct your talk – the Opening, Beginning, Middle, Close, and “after event” – this is a format you can use for almost every talk.
- Subtle nuances of the ‘pregnant pause’ and vocal variation – but don’t worry – this is NOT a Toastmaster’s class.
- How to leave your audience wanting more – and how to help them get it!
— #5 —
Follow up so they remember you!
- Why this is the key to getting clients and how to do it in a non-intrusive way. (In fact I will show you how to have them ask you to contact them.)
- How to create the ‘follow up’ plan so you make sure those that want you, find you.
— #6 —
Convert a percentage of those audience members into paying clients.
- The gem of this program is a step-by-step method of offering a free consultation in a very structured way so that audience members are asking to work with you (and pay you!)
- We also cover how to handle the inevitable objections, for example.. when people say, “I can’t afford it” or “I have to talk to my spouse” or “I will get back to you” or “Do you take insurance?”
Okay! Let’s Fill Your Practice with Easy, Profitable Community Presentations. Here is how the program works.
The ‘How to Fill Your Appointment Book with Speaking’ program consists of:
- 16 short, bite-sized videos (3-9 minutes each) designed to give you specific instructions on each step in the process from getting the speaking engagement to attracting the client into your office to turning that audience member into a paying client. With the videos created by topic (and short), you can watch the specific sections you need – anytime you need them.
- A sixty-minute Q&A conference call where I will answer questions about all-things-speaking and how you can use this to build your practice! In this call, we can really dig into the issues facing you and clarify anything that might not be completely clear. This call will be held on Monday, July 30th at 3pm pacific/6pm eastern and be recorded for later listening too. (We encourage you to watch the videos first because they will get you really prepared to get your deepest questions answered.)
- Sample Letter Template to send to Program Directors.
- Sample Feedback Form with the invitation for the attendees to get more information from you (and request a consultation).
- Handout on how to create a compelling talk title.
- Checklist for everything you need on presentation day..
Register Now and Receive These Special Bonus Offers!
— Gift with Purchase #1: —
Two Presentation Experts Share Their Wisdom
(a) How to Become a Magnetic Speaker and Attract More Clients with (my presentation coach) Dianne Legro
One hour audio recording with Dianne Legro
Dianne Legro has heard hundreds of professionals in healing and helping professions tell her so. Join us in this fascinating informative look at the many ways speaking has changed to create the perfect opportunity right now for therapists to step out authentically and be successful speakers while, yes, feeling good about being onstage!
Dianne Legro is a leading coach in the field of embodied learning, voice empowerment, and authentic public speaking. She is a sought after specialist who coached me personally.
(b) “The Library is Closed – now what?” The first steps to reaching your audience in a virtual world.
One hour video recording with Jeremie Miller
Have you considered reaching out to your ideal clients via online technology but all the options left you a bit confused? Join Jeremie Miller, our Mr-all-things-online-tech-guru, as he shares the critical questions to ask yourself in order to create a successful online event. Here is what we will cover:
- Who are the ideal clients you are reaching out too? Knowing this helps you know how to best reach them
- Why you want to reach out to a group? Why the group wants to listen to you? After all, you need a purpose. They need a reason to come
- How to get them to come?
- What options to use for presenting to a group (teleseminar, vs webinar software, vs livestream)
- Next steps.- Leave with your next actions steps to get started connecting with your audience virtually.
— Gift with Purchase #2: —
How To Get More Referrals From the Community
(a) How to Get People to Say “Tell Me More!”with Julie Steelman
One hour video recording with Julie Steelman
If you pause when someone asks you “So, what do you do for a living?” you won’t want to miss this presentation as Julie Steelman shares with us her template for talking about what you do so people get it and know you care.
Julie Steelman calls this “Claiming your sweet spot”.
(b) Spread Your Message for More Impact (and More Clients) with Elizabeth Marshall
One hour video recording with Elizabeth Marshall
You have a message. You know you have been called to serve. You need to spread your message far and wide so that people can find you.
Join Elizabeth Marshall and she shares:
- How to break through the noise and talk about your message in the most relevant way.
- How to get and stay connected with those that need to hear about you and your message.
- Three criteria to evaluate the right strategies to get your message out.
What is the tuition?
I believe this program is actually worth thousands of dollars. (I don’t say that lightly.) Even if you get one or two clients from what you learn here, you will get your investment back several times over. That said, I wanted to make the investment for this program a no-brainer, so here you go:
Who should consider this program?
Private Practitioners who…
- Would like to know how to convert audience members into paying clients
- Might consider speaking if they knew how to manage their nerves
- Who have given presentations in the past but felt exhausted afterwards
- Are looking to increase their credibility in their communities
- Want to know how to prepare less and have more fun at a talk
- Are looking for ways to increase their confidence in front of groups
- Are tired of trying to keep up with the internet ‘hamster wheel’ of marketing.
Do you offer a guarantee or CEUs?
There is no money-back guarantee or refunds offered for this program. I have outlined the topics and content I plan to deliver and feel confident that this program will meet your expectations. If you have questions or are wondering if this is the right program for you, then please give us a call at 949.309.2590 ext 0 or send us an email at Support[at]InTLI[dot]com – and please replace the [at] with @ and [dot] with, well, a dot) – and we can look at your options. Sorry, we are unable to offer CEUs for this program.
If not now, when?
If it is time for you to get back into your community – and to connect with people who need you – in a way that allows you to use your best skills, then I look forward to hearing your successes! And if you feel our program might serve you, then join us and I look forward to sharing all this with you soon.
I can’t wait to share this with you. As always, I am holding the vision for you.
To your success,
P.S. If you have read this far, it means you are a forward thinking clinician who “gets it.” And I don’t want you to miss out. Here is a reminder of what you get with this program:
* 16 bite-sized videos with step-by-step instructions to help you attract paying clients with speaking easier than you ever thought possible. This includes the exact script I follow when offering a free consultation that turns audience members into clients. (I intentionally created short videos so you could review specific sessions as you need them without having to search everywhere for them. How cool is that?)
* 5 hours of speaking and networking wisdom from experts to whom I have paid a lot of money to learn what they will share with you as a ‘gift with purchase’ if you register before July 30, 2012.
* Sample letters to program directors and checklists to help you have a great event
* A sixty minute Q&A call where you can ask me any speaking question you have and I will answer as many as possible in that 60 minutes.